Taxes and Incentives
In one of the nation’s top states for business, Henderson zeroes out taxes on income and other key areas—even as we “zero in” to concentrate our expertise in creating a dedicated package of incentives providing uniquely high impact for your enterprise.
- ZERO TAX on personal and corporate income, food sales, bank shares, and inheritance.
- Lowest city property tax in Southern Nevada
- Utility Franchise Fee Waiver
- #7 Best overall state tax climate rank
- 4 Opportunity Zones
- Bond Financing
- Employee training incentives and grants
In addition to low property taxes and franchise fee waivers, Henderson incentives are strategic and diverse, and include:
- Tax abatements. Businesses with qualified projects enjoy tax abatements in a variety of areas, including:
- Personal property
- Modified business tax abatement
- Data centers
- Capital equipment purchases
- Aviation parts
- Opportunity Zones: Through the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, investment in qualified Opportunity Funds, which in turn invest in designated Opportunity Zones, yields immediate and long-term tax advantages. Henderson has four designated Opportunity Zones.
- Silver State Works: For qualified projects, employers may receive up to $2,000 per employee in reimbursement or training allowances for pre-screened, qualified workers. Three options are available:
- Employer-based training
- On-the-job training
- Incentive-based employment
- Redevelopment Incentives: Redevelopment projects in the Water Street District may qualify for a variety of incentives, including:
- Façade Improvement
- Mini-façade improvement
- Tenant Improvement Grants
- Sign Grants
- Bond Financing through the Henderson Public Improvement Trust. Created to facilitate quality growth throughout the city, the Trust can offer critical financial support through bond financing for projects that create jobs.