Expand Your Business
Congratulations! Your company’s success has reached the next stage, and you’re ready to expand your operations here in Henderson. It’s a great achievement—and an important opportunity. Now it’s time to let the Henderson economic development team go to work with services to help you realize the greatest gain from your new growth.
Finding a location. With more than 5 million square feet of office space, and more than 26 million square feet of industrial space (existing, under construction, and planned), Henderson has the options to expand your opportunity. Let us help you navigate a successful search with site tours and evaluation of properties.
Locating funding and incentives. Whether resulting from a startup or an expansion, job creation is valued and rewarded here. For example, for qualified projects, Nevada’s Silver State Works program offers employers up to $2,000 per new hire in incentive reimbursements or training allowances. Henderson’s economic development team is also here to connect your operation to other funding sources. You’re ready to expand; we’re ready to help you make that happen.
And keep in mind as building plans are drawn up, either for new construction or retrofit of an existing building, that Nevada offers tax abatements for those new or existing buildings that meet LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) or Green Globes criteria.
Training and staffing. In addition to rewarding incentives, Henderson also supports your training needs with the expertise and services of collaborative partners including Southern Nevada Workforce Connections, College of Southern Nevada and Henderson’s new Workforce Center of Excellence.
Promoting your success. As your expansion unfolds, the Henderson economic development team works with local and national media to provide timely updates, from ground-breaking through ribbon cutting. We’ll also help you spread the good news through our web presence and social media channels.
Six reasons why Henderson is the smart expansion choice:
1. Pro-business environment
- #5 Lowest-cost state for doing business (Forbes - Best States For Business)
- #7 Best overall state tax climate rank (Tax Foundation - 2021 State Business Tax Climate Index)
- #14 National regulatory environment rank (Forbes - Best States For Business)
- 30% savings on worker compensation rates
- 30% savings on electric utility rates
- Lowest property taxes in the region
2. Strategic proximity and access
- 1-day turnaround delivery to Los Angeles ports
- 27 million+ people and 1 million+ businesses within a 5-hour drive
- 10 major cities within a one-day drive
3. Large, skilled and affordable labor force:
- 2 million population within 50-minute radius
- 1.8% annual population growth rate
- 41.7% ages 25 to 54
- Prime productivity
- 44% ages 20 to 38
- Leading innovation
4. Outstanding selection of sites, location and land
- 5 million+ SF prime office space
- 26 million+ SF available (existing, under construction, and planned) in 3 different zones:
- Light manufacturing, research and development and warehouse/distribution.
5. Affordably abundant quality of life
- “50 Best Places to Live in America” (Money Magazine)
- “Best Place to Live in Every State” (U.S. News and World Report)
- “Top 5 Safest Cities in America” (Movoto Real Estate Blog)
- “10 Best Cities to Raise Children” (MyLife.com)
- 14 Master-planned communities
- 180 miles of pedestrian/biking trails
- 64 parks / 1,306 acres parkland
- 64 tennis courts
- 13 golf courses
- Public, semi-private and private
6. Robust talent pipeline
- High-performing K-12 schools
- 9 universities and institutions of higher learning